EHS Manager – Bemis
Develop and administer facility Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) programs in accordance with regulatory requirements and corporate policies, standards, procedures and objectives. Foster facility awareness, involvement and accountability of EHS issues to assure full integration of EHS initiatives with business activities. Direct facility activities to minimize company liability and promote sustainability. This role will generally support locations of less than 150 employees with lower safety and environmental complexity.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Lead the development, implementation and continual enhancement of the Bemis EHS Management System at the facility.
- Identifies and leverages EHS best practices and manages through the Safety and Environmental Pillars of World Class Operations Management (WCOM).
- Lead EHS planning at the facility, including the setting of goals, prioritizing facility needs and establishing adequate systems for performance review and improvement.
- Assist department managers, supervisors and employees with implementation of creative approaches to improve safety, minimize environmental footprint and liability, and implement EHS initiatives.
- Conduct and/or coordinate EHS inspections and assessments to assure compliance with regulatory requirements, Bemis EHS initiatives and Bemis Key Performance Measures (KPM) expectations, identify opportunities for improvement, and provide recommendations based on findings.
- Provide progress reports, as appropriate, to corporate and facility management and facility employees relative to EHS goals, metrics and other performance indicators
- Coordinates resources to ensure EHS aspects and requirements, including legal requirements as contained in codes, laws, permits, licenses, orders, etc., affecting the facility are fully understood and properly managed.
- Procure and maintain records, data, or information necessary to: prepare internally or externally required reports; respond to agency requests; and verify compliance with EHS requirements. Prepare and submit timely reports and responses to informational requests.
- Provide recommendations and ensure proper follow up and resolution of all concerns identified through assessments, inspections, monitoring activities or other means.
- Evaluate new materials and material use to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, promote a safe work environment and protect the environment.
- Work with engineering in the design and installation of new or altered equipment or processes with the goal of eliminating or reducing safety hazards and environmental impact
- Provide training and information necessary to ensure responsible personnel are aware of corporate and governmental EHS regulations and requirements.
- Lead the facility in promoting and implementing a high performance EHS culture.
- Lead the development, maintenance, implementation, and annual review of EHS policies, procedures and responsibilities, and develop/direct activities that will stimulate and maintain employee interest as well as improve EHS performance.
- Perform and/or coordinate monitoring activities necessary to ensure compliance with EHS regulations and Bemis initiatives,.
- Manage the facility incident investigation process to ensure incidents are reported in a timely manner, root causes are identified and corrective actions are tracked through closure.
- Plan, develop, deliver, and coordinate effective EHS training to all facility employees, temporary workers, contractors, and visitors to promote a strong EHS culture.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Has demonstrated experience in process improvement, problem solving and root cause analysis
- Has effective presentation and training abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills to effectively manage and execute projects.
- Ability to work with several departments/employees at all levels on a daily basis.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to comprehend other software programs outside of Microsoft.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
- A Bachelors degree in EHS, engineering, or related field
- A minimum of 3 years relevant manufacturing experience