Field Safety Manager – Jones Sign
Jones Sign, Inc.
Position: Field Safety Manager
Reports To: Executive Vice President
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
The Field Safety Manager will be responsible for evaluating, developing, organizing and administrating our field safety program to ensure a safe work environment for all Jones Sign employees, partners and contractors. This will be accomplished through coordination, implementation and management of Federal, State and local regulations where work is being performed to ensure compliance while ensure the safety of our employees, the public and the infrastructure around the installations we perform.
Duties and Expectations:
- Review and recommend continued training and equipment to ensure safe and efficient work methods
- Coach and develop our crew lead with the safety-first mindset.
- Evaluates scope of work and creates safety plans for installation projects
- Document, evaluate and track causes to near
- Report and lead all accident investigations in the field.
- Evaluate and inspects field safety hazards within our facilities and/or work sites for safety, health and environmental risks
- Function as a liaison for Jones Sign and our customers/partners
- Participates in Safety Committee meetings
- Maintains inspection policies and schedules on equipment in accordance with OSHA regulations
- Knowledgeable in the following areas: Crane operation, Rigging, Excavation, Confined Space, Health Hazards, Fall Protection, Heavy Equipment, MOT devices
- Maintains EPA records of hazardous materials, air emission, injuries and other industrial health monitoring in accordance to OSHA regulations
- Initiates and develops policies and procedures to maintain safety measures throughout field operations
- Participate and support any OSHA, Safety, Fire or other facility formal inspection
- Surveys current safety literature and policies to update and maintain processes to regulatory standards
- Participate and lead inspections and toolbox meetings
- Ensures compliance with DOT regulations, including personnel driving records, fleet maintenance and inspections
- Ensures training of personnel regarding safety processes
- Travels nationally to job sites to ensure the Jones Sign safety culture is meeting and exceeding our expectations along with that of local and federal guidelines.
Education, Experience or Specific Skills:
- Five plus years of experience and a proven track record in managing a safe workplace environment; preferably in the construction field
- Professional designation such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), or Associates Risk Management (ARM) highly recommended/preferred
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety and health, environmental science or related subject desired
- Stays current with governmental compliance requirements
- Above average computer skills with an emphasis in MS Office and Google Docs
- Ability to work in indoors and outdoors environments while physically being able to walk and climb
- Strong technical knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Ability to travel to work sites and remote facilities – up to 50% of the time
- Technical knowledge of DOT regulations preferred
- Able to build relationships with employees, contractor, vendors in a professional and tactful manner
- Manages multiple tasks simultaneously with tight deadlines independently and in a team environment with a sound analytical problem-solving skill
- Clean driving record
- Consistent work history
Environment and Working Conditions:
Work conditions consist varies between an office, manufacturing and construction environment.
This is a salaried exempt position with the expectations that you will work the hours necessary to successfully fulfill your role and expectations. Typical hours will consist of Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
Rafael Aguilo | Talent Acquisition Manager
1711 Scheuring Rd., De Pere, WI