Health and Safety Specialist – Green Bay, WI
Posted: Oct 26, 2020
The Health and Safety Specialist drives the company safety program towards the goal of an incident-free workplace and OSHA regulatory compliance. The specialist is aligned with the Operations leadership team and their objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works in partnership with Operations team leaders to develop and implement strategies, policies, and services to increase employee safety, reduce organizational risks and build a safety culture in the workplace.
- Assists Operations and managerial teams to understand OSHA regulations and standards, and to develop safety initiatives and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Performs routine inspections of facilities and operations for unsafe conditions and work practices and implements solutions to reduce/eliminate incident reoccurrence.
- Ensures Associates in functional areas follow established procedures and ensures company compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Develops and conducts employee safety orientation in addition to ongoing safety training.
- Leads Safety Committee and activities.
- Facilitates safety incident investigations, root cause analysis and closure of corrective actions.
- Conducts hazard evaluations of jobs and processes.
- Prepares safety data audits, tracking and reporting.
- Performs respirator fit tests and coordinates hearing conservation program and testing, First Responder and CPR training.
- Ensures training records, health/safety manuals or handbooks, incident/accident reports, or other documentation are appropriately maintained.
- Performs Safety Data Sheet reviews.
- Interacts with OSHA, EPA, DNR, GB Metro and other regulatory organizations.
- Provides technical support for capital projects.
- Supports EHS Manager and provides backup within team as necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university.
- Three to five years related experience and/or training.
- Or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A high level of knowledge and skills directly related to health and safety issues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Strong organizational ability and ability and aptitude for handling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify problems and formulate approaches to identifying solutions.
- Ability to operate a vehicle on behalf of the company by possessing a valid driver’s license and meeting the driving standards of the Company’s insurance carrier.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule that supports all shifts and locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)