Posted: Feb 11, 2019
SUMMARY OF POSITION / SCOPE:
The incumbent reports to the site Environmental, Health and Safety Manager and provides support for EHS activities to help ensure a safe and profitable operation. This requires working collaboratively with the site EHS Manager along with corporate Supply Chain Safety & Sustainability leaders to identify and lead appropriate initiatives that deliver continuous improvement in EHS results.
The incumbent will have accountability for site environmental systems, programs and waste optimization to achieve Kimberly-Clark Corporate Environmental and Energy objectives, and ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal environmental regulation. This requires serving as the plant expert on environmental, hazardous waste, chemical safety, and associated regulatory issues, recommending appropriate control procedures and corrective actions, and assisting in education and training of employees in proper environmental practices.
All Neenah Cold Spring employees, Supply Chain and Corporate Safety and Environmental team members, EHS team members, hourly and salaried leaders.
- Provide support and leadership for safety and environmental loss prevention. This requires participation in efforts to reach World Class objectives of safety, quality, customer service, and includes managing a process for continuous feedback and system assessment.
- Provide support for safety initiatives that achieve site safety objectives and result in an improvement in the site safety performance in the short term while building the basis for ongoing, continuous improvement to loss free environment.
- Create and foster programs that lead to the creation of a culture where safety and protecting the environment are recognized as a value and employees are motivated to develop and to use work practices that are beneficial to the facility’s operation and the environment.
- Provide site leadership for all facility environmental activities, including obtaining air permits, preparing and submitting mandatory government documentation and reports, managing hazardous materials and hazardous waste disposal streams, reviewing and approving new chemical uses in the plant, developing and maintaining a comprehensive chemical spill and release plan consistent with Plant and community emergency response organizations, and coordinating mandatory environmental training requirements for Plant personnel.
- Manage and optimize facility waste streams to deliver in excess of $2MM in annual revenue for the facility. Identify new opportunities that will maximize revenue and eliminate waste sent to land fill.
- Ensure site compliance with Wisconsin OSHA, EPA, NFPA, WI-DNR, and other federal and state mandated safety and environmental regulations.
- Identify, evaluate and coordinate implementation of new methods and approaches to accelerate safety and environmental improvement at the Neenah Cold Spring Facility.
- Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve their individual/team contributions in order to achieve desired business results.
- Promote and enhance the mill’s World Class Manufacturing philosophy.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
Link for Job Description and to Apply: https://kimberlyclark.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/NA/job/USA-WI-Neenah/EHS-Specialist_788054